By: Gyna M. Bivens and Stephanie Valadez
Hiring is the word of the day! “Hiring” was the word of the year for 2013 when more than 100 LEAD candidates found employment AFTER going through our unique process. It was a fantastic year with the following LEAD partners finding the right candidates for impressive positions:
- American Airlines, Manager of Strategic Talent Management
- American Airlines, eCommerce Product Owner
- American Red Cross, Testing Programs Director
- Bell Helicopter Textron, Director, Strategy
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Director of Human Resources
- City of Fort Worth, Senior Accountant
- DART, Internal Auditor
- DART, Director of Diversity and EEO
- DART, AVP Marketing & Advertising
- DFW Airport, Systems Performance Analyst
- Fort Worth T, Grants and DBE Administrator
- JPS Health Network, Clinical Research Assistant
- JPS Health Network, Communications Specialist/Writer
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Sr. Subcontract Administrator
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Sr. HR Business Partner
- MedSynergies, Practice Administrator
- Oncor Electric Delivery, Director of Business Development, Modeling and Analytics
- TCC, Assistant Director of Nursing
- Texas Health Resources, Strategic OD Consultant
- UNT System, HR Director
- UNT System, Brand Advertising Manager
That’s an impressive roster. The key to the success for these candidates was more than luck. The LEAD process involves pre-screening and committed panel interviewers from the employers who support LEAD with annual partner fees. At the time of this blog entry, a handful of LEAD candidates are in the finals for positions that will crown their resumes. When asked what made them successful, candidates have several common responses:
-They were coachable.
-They were diligent in searching the jobs available from partners.
-They attended Candidate Networking Receptions.
-They followed the job search guidelines LEAD put in place.
-They didn’t rely on LEAD to conduct their job search and used several resources.
We are proud of 2013 and already excited about what 2014 has in store. Visit the Success Stories tab to read about our recent landings.